The 15 most notable trades that occurred today (in no particular order):
- Trail Blazers get Norman Powell. Raptors get Rodney Hood and Gary Trent Jr
- Nuggets get Aaron Gordon. Magic get Gary Harris, RJ Hampton, and 2025 1st round pick
- Celtics get Evan Fournier. Magic get 2 second round picks.
- Bulls get Al-Farouq Aminu and Nikola Vucevic. Magic get Wendell Carter Jr, Otto Porter Jr, 2021 1st round pick (top-4 protected) and 2023 1st round pick
- Cavaliers get Isaiah Hartenstein, 2023 2nd round pick (protected 31-46), and 2027 2nd round pick. Nuggets get JaVale McGee
- Pistons get Cory Joseph, 2021 2nd round pick and 2024 2nd round pick. Kings get Delon Wright
- 76ers get George Hill and Iggy Brazdeikis. Knicks get Terrance Ferguson. Thunder get Austin Rivers, Tony Bradley, and 2 2nd round picks (via 76ers)
- Raptors get Avery Bradley and Kelly Olynyk. Heat get Victor Oladipo
- Pelicans get James Johnson, Wes Iwundu and 2021 2nd round pick. Mavericks get JJ Reddick and Nicolo Melli
- Spurs get Marqueese Chriss. Warriors get Cady Lalanne
- Celtics get Mo Wagner. Bulls get Daniel Theis
- Clippers get Rajon Rondo. Hawks get Lou Williams and 2 2nd round picks
- Kings get Terrence Davis. Raptors get future 2nd round pick
- Jazz get Matt Thomas. Raptors get future 2nd round pick
- Kings get Moe Harkless and Chris Silva. Heat get Nemanja Bjelica.
- Kyle Lowry stays in Toronto
- Lonzo Ball stays in New Orleans
- Kelly Oubre Jr stays in Golden State
- Bradley Beal stays in Washington
- John Collins stays in Atlanta
Biggest winners from trade deadline (in order):
- Nuggets: adding Aaron Gordon for 2 players and only 1 pick. Also added JaVale McGee.
- Heat: added Victor Oladipo and Nemanja Bjelica without giving up any picks.
- Celtics: get Evan Fournier for 2 2nd round picks. The Pistons got more for Delon Wright than the Magic did for Evan Fournier.
- Bulls: added Nikola Vucivec (all-star), Daniel Theis, and Al-Farouq Aminu
- Mavericks add 2 shooters (JJ Reddick and Nicolo Melli)
The Magic got 5 draft picks but their trade with the Celtics makes them the biggest loser. Evan Fournier is averaging 19.7 ppg this year and they gave him up for only 2 2nd round picks and no player in return. The Magic clearly were sellers today, but they were not winners. The pieces they gave up don’t compare to the talent/draft capital they got in return.