1. Matt Barkley QB Newport Beach, California. 1st ranked national, 1st best PRO style QB, 1st best in the state of California. Played 4 seasons at USC (2009-2012). 4th round pick in 2013 NFL Draft (98th overall) by the Philadelphia Eagles. 6 years in NFL (3 with Bills, 2 with Eagles, 1 with Bears). 7 games started (19 games played) out of 96. 2-5 record, 2,699 passing yards, 11 passing TD, 22 INT, 58.4% completion %, 66.6 QBRTG. Currently a free agent in NFL.
2. Bryce Brown RB Wichita, Kansas. 2nd ranked national, 1st best RB, 1st best in the state of Kansas. Played 1 season at Tennessee (2009) and 1 season at Kansas State (2011). 7th round pick in 2012 NFL Draft (229th overall) by the Philadelphia Eagles. 4 years in NFL (2 with Eagles, 1 with Bills, 1 with Seahawks). 7 games started (42 games played) out of 64. 251 rush attempts, 1,076 rush yards, 7 rush TDs, 25.6 rushing yards/game. Currently not playing football.
- Max’s Top 10 NFL RB (2022)10. Aaron Jones Green Bay Packers 9. Miles Sanders Philadelphia Eagles 8. Najee Harris Pittsburgh Steelers 7. Christian McCaffrey Carolina Panthers 6. Alvin Kamara New Orleans Saints 5. Nick Chubb Cleveland Browns 4. Joe Mixon Cincinnati Bengals 3. Derrick Henry Tennessee TitansContinue reading “Max’s Top 10 NFL RB (2022)”
- Max’s MLB Trade Deadline PredictionsLos Angeles DodgersCedric Mullins (OF) from Baltimore Orioles for Prospects Milwaukee BrewersAustin Hays (OF) from Baltimore Orioles for Prospects New York YankeesIan Happ (OF) from Chicago Cubs for Prospects New York MetsDavid Robertson (RP) from Chicago Cubs for Prospects Houston AstrosJosh BellContinue reading “Max’s MLB Trade Deadline Predictions”
- Rankings for all 32 NFL Teams Starting Quarterback32. Seattle Seahawks: Drew Lock 31. Atlanta Falcons: Marcus Mariota 30. New York Giants: Daniel Jones 29. Washington Football Team: Carson Wentz 28. Pittsburgh Steelers: Mitchell Trubisky 27. Detroit Lions: Jared Goff 26. Carolina Panthers: Sam Darnold 25. San Fransisco 49ers: JimmyContinue reading “Rankings for all 32 NFL Teams Starting Quarterback”
- 1999 NBA Redraft (Lottery Picks Only)Chicago Bulls: Shawn Marion SF/PF UNLV (9th pick in 1999). Actual pick (Elton Brand) 2. Vancover Grizzlies: Elton Brand PF/C Duke (1st pick in 1999). Actual pick (Steve Francis) 3. Charlotte Hornets: Manu Ginobili SG Argentina (57th pick in 1999). Actual pickContinue reading “1999 NBA Redraft (Lottery Picks Only)”
- Landing Spots Predictions for Top 4 NBA Remaining Free Agents1. Zach LaVine 5 years $212 Million with Chicago Bulls 2. James Harden (PO) 3 years $90 Million with Philadelphia 76ers 3. DeAndre Ayton (Restrticted) Sign&Trade with Portland Trail Blazers 5 years $177 Million 4. Mitchell Robinson 4 years $45 million withContinue reading “Landing Spots Predictions for Top 4 NBA Remaining Free Agents”
3. Russell Shepard QB Houston, Texas. 3rd ranked national, 1st best DUAL style QB, 1st best in the state of Texas. Played 4 seasons at LSU (2009-2012). Undrafted in 2013. 7 years in NFL (4 with Buccaneers, 2 with Giants, 1 with Panthers) as a wide receiver. 9 games started (87 games played) out of 112. 60 receptions, 847 receiving yards, 6 receiving TDs, 9.7 receiving yards/game, 51.7% catch %. Announced retirement from NFL in 2020.
Of the top 3 prospects from 2009:
Drafted in NFL Draft (2): Matt Barkley and Bryce Brown
Played in NFL (3): Matt Barkley, Bryce Brown, Russell Shepard
Made a Pro-Bowl (0)
Currently on NFL Roster (0)
Bryce Brown (29 years old), Matt Barkley (30 years old) and Russel Shepard (30 years old) are all out of the league. Russell Shepard had the longest career (7 years). None of the players started more than 10 games during their career. The top 3 recruits from 2009 had underwhelming post-college careers.